Dienstag, 18. August 2015

alessandro - Stone Washed & Zipper Mani

Hello Loves!

I am back from my vacation and even though I really had a wonderful time, I missed blogging and painting my nails! Unfortunately I didn't schedule enough posts for the whole two weeks. But now that I am back I'll do my best to get back into my usual blogging routine! Today I have a manicure to share with you, that I did shortly before my trip. A zipper mani.
The blue polish I used as a base is alessandro - Stone Washed (15-556). Stone Washed has an excellent formula and is easy to apply, But I had some trouble with the brush at first. It is flat, but has a straight tip and so I touched my cuticles a few times. 
I really like the colour a lot it reminds me a bit of blue jeans wich inspired me to do this manicure in the first place. To place the zipper water decals, that I bought from Born Pretty Store, perfectly, I painted a gap on my ringfinger and thumb, that I filled with Barry M - Nude. Once that was dry I cut out my zippers and placed them on my nails.

Some of the decals had a white background wich made them stand out very well, but others didn't and were pretty hard to see. So I am not 100% satisfied with these water decals, but they definitely make a fun manicure! Maybe they would look better if a lighter colour was used as a background.



To create an even better denim look I ripped out a small piece of make-up sponge and dabbed it into some white polish and filled in some of the blue with it. Now it really reminds me of a pair of stone washed jeans! :-D

All in all I do like this manicure.

How do you like it? Have you ever tried BPS water decals?

You may also like:

4 Kommentare:

  1. Antworten
    1. Thank you so much Christine!
      xo, Pia

      BTW: cool blog design! love the b&w header

      Löschen
  2. Welcome back! I hope you had a great vacation!
    This manicure is creative and fantastic. Love that you sponged the final result, the denim effect is more obvious this way. I always wanted to try this type of mani, but I did not have any decals for it and I didn't wanted to paint the zipper. But looking at your mani, I think that these decals will go straight to my wishlist!
    Have a great day!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Ohhh, thank you Andrea! My vacation was wonderful and I will tell you a bit more in one of my next posts. I am so glad you like this manicure. The decals are really fun and I got them in a 0.99c mystery 3-pack.
      Thanks for all your latest comments too while I was on vacation. I didn't have proper internet connecton, but I was very happy to read them all yesterday!
      xo, Pia

      Löschen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP