Freitag, 21. August 2015

Minty Memories 2 & Ocean Club

Hello Beauties!


Happy Friday! Do you have anything special planned for this weekend?
After blogging about catrice - Minty Memories yesterday, I decided to give it another try with a different underground. It just didn't work well at all with my regular base coat.
For the second attempt I used Manhattan Pro Shine Base Coat on my middle- and ringfinger and left the others without any basecoat. The first coat of nailpolish still went on a bit streaky, but it was not that bad as it's been before. And everything leveled out okay with the second coat. Although there still are some streaks left. I even see that subtile blueish shimmer that shines through the matte polish.
I didn't see a huge difference between the nails with base coat and the 'blank' ones. Application was roughly the same for both. I did however use slightly thicker coats and tried to make as little moves as possible with my brush.


To get a little more sparkle into this manicure I added Oh My Gosh - Ocean Club (037) as an accent on two nails. I bought it when I visited my family in Austria a few weeks ago. Check out the whole haul! This is auch a gorgeous glitter topper with small and medium sized glitter hexes of sapphire blue and emerald green. With the mint background this reminds me of a mermaids tail.
To seal it all in I added a layer of Seche Vite wich brought out the blue shimmer from Minty Memories wonderfully. I really like it that way. It also covered up any imperfection and leveled out the streaks.

How do you like this manicure? Isn't it better this way? Even though the thought of a matte and shimmering polish made me want to have this one, I like it best with a glossy finish that brings out the gorgeous shimmer.

You may also like:

2 Kommentare:

  1. The blue shimmer is more visible and I love how it looks layered up with the glitter topper!
    This whole week in our town it is Hungarian festival time. Until now I could not participate because I have a lot other stuff to do and the weather was horrible too. I hope that it won't rain and the whole weekend I can spend with my friends and family at this festival. I am going to make pictures and share on the blog. Have a great day and weekend.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. These look beautiful, I hadn't seen this polish before but I am impressed. I love the blue shimmer, it is subtle but incredibly pretty! Thank you for all your kind words recently. I hope you have a good weekend. I'm baby sitting my Niece and Nephew this afternoon and then tonight going to my sisters house for a naughty Chinese with my parents too :) <3 xx

    AntwortenLöschen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP