Montag, 24. August 2015

claire's - Matte Yellow & Autumnal Gradient

Hello Everyone!

How was your weekend? I wasn't feeling well and didn't even have the energy to blog. Sorry for the unplanned ansence! It has been a while since I shared my set of claire's matte polishes that I bought in my Christmas Haul. So today I finally want to show you the yellow one on my nails.
This polish has a beautiful colour wich is perfect for summer. It is somewhere between a lemon and a sunflower yellow. The formula is good, but you have to shake the bottle a little bit befor doing your nails. I don't know if that is because of the matte finish, but if you do that you won't have problems with application. Otherwise it will be streaky, because the oily components separate from the rest.
For these swatches I used two coats directly on a base coat. I probably should have added a layer of white first to make the yellow pop even better. 
There were still a few imperfections, but the bottle is so small and I didn't want to use up any more polish, because I wanted to add another colour to my tips anyway.
As I have mentioned a few times this summer, we had quite hot weather here in Germany. So most of the trees already have many brown and dried leaves wich gives the landscape an autumnal look. This is why I went for the brownish purple gradient.
Using a make-up sponge I applied Misslyn - lilac poison to the tips of my nails fading out a bit towards the middle. With china glaze Techno and Fairy Dust I did the same to give this manicure a little sparkle. The great thing about sponging on a glitter polish is that you get all the gorgeous sparkle but it will not get thick because the sponge soaks up most of the jelly base.


To complete this manicure I added claire's matte top coat to give back the original finish.




I am happy with my manicure and hope you like it too!
Do you have any suggestions of what type of manicure you would like to see on the blog soon? 

You may also like:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP